The transition from regular SIM to e-SIM is expected to bring greater convenience for subscribers and improve the tracking of lost smartphones, according to Bharti Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal. In a letter, Vittal encouraged subscribers to adopt e-SIM for Airtel services, as all devices supporting the e-SIM feature are compatible with Airtel’s e-SIM. He explained that an e-SIM is an online extension of a regular SIM card, eliminating the need for a physical SIM card in the phone and making it harder for thieves to remove or discard the e-SIM. The e-SIM also allows for multiple mobile numbers to be used on a single SIM and makes it easy to change devices.
Airtel customers can install the e-SIM service on their smartphones by following instructions on the Airtel Thanks App, ultimately ensuring a convenient and efficient connectivity experience.
E-Sim to make tracking of lost smartphone easier: Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal – Detail Points
– Transition to e-SIM will enhance convenience for subscribers
– Airtel CEO urges subscribers to adopt e-SIM for Airtel services
– All devices that support e-SIM feature are compatible with Airtel e-SIM
– E-SIM is an online extension of regular SIM card
– Subscribers will no longer need physical access to SIM card in their phone
– E-SIM makes it harder for thieves to get rid of the SIM, making lost smartphones easier to track
– E-SIM comes embedded in the smartphone and can configure services of multiple mobile operators
– Multiple mobile numbers can be used on a single e-SIM
– Airtel customers can install e-SIM service on their smartphone through Airtel Thanks App
– E-SIM profile is downloaded, enabled, and activated
– Airtel aims to provide a convenient and efficient connectivity experience for subscribers
What is e-SIM and how does it enhance convenience for subscribers?
The transition from regular SIM to e-SIM will enhance convenience for subscribers as it is an online extension of the regular SIM card. Subscribers will no longer need to have access to the physical SIM card on their phone, and it also allows for the use of multiple mobile numbers on a single e-SIM. Additionally, it makes it easier to change devices with an e-SIM.
How does e-SIM make tracking a lost smartphone easier?
With an e-SIM, it will be that much harder for criminals to get rid of the SIM, since they are unlike traditional SIMs that could be physically removed from phones. This will also make a lost smartphone easier to track.
How can subscribers adopt e-SIM for Airtel services?
Airtel customers can install e-SIM service on their smartphone that supports e-SIM feature by following instruction on Airtel Thanks App. As soon as the e-SIM profile is downloaded and enabled, it is activated.