4 March to 10 March 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan Yojana, Swachh Survekshan 2019 and Ayodhya land dispute case among others.
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 5, 2019 launched the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan Yojana from which state?
a) Tamil Nadu
b) Uttar Pradesh
2. Which Ministry came up with the ‘One Nation, One Card’ Model to enable seamless travel by different metros and other transport systems across the country besides retail shopping and purchases?
a) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
b) Ministry of Home Affairs
c) Ministry of Commerce & Industry
d) Ministry of Human Resource Development
3. Which city was ranked as the World’s most polluted city of 2018 as per the report released by IQAir AirVisual and Greenpeace on March 5, 2019?
4. Around what percent of the households in Rural India who have access to the toilet use it, as per the National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey (NARSS) 2018-19?
a) 95 percent
b) 95.5 percent
c) 96 percent
d) 96.5 percent
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the new series of “visually impaired friendly circulation” coins. Which denomination coin will be of 12-edged polygon shape?
a) Rs 2
b) Rs 5
c) Rs 10
d) Rs 20
6. Which city was adjudged as India’s Cleanest City for the third consecutive year as per Swachh Survekshan 2019?
7. Which city was awarded as the Cleanest Capital in the Swachh Survekshan 2019 survey?
c) Greater Mumbai
8. When is the International Women’s Day celebrated across world?
a) 7 March
b) 8 March
c) 9 March
d) 10 March
9. Which is the only Hindu party to support the idea of court-monitored mediation in the Ayodhya land dispute case?
a) Nirmohi Akhada
b) Hindu Parishad
c) Ram Lalla Virajman
d) Hindu Mahasabha
10. Kummanam Rajasekharan recently resigned as the Governor of which state?
d) West Bengal
1. (c) Gujarat
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 5, 2019 launched the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan Yojana (PM-SYM), a mega pension scheme for unorganised sector, from Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The scheme was announced in the Interim Budget 2019.
2. (a) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 4, 2019 launched ‘One Nation, One Card’ Model from Ahmedabad, Gujarat for seamless travel through different metros and other transport systems. The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs introduced the ‘National Common Mobility Card’ (NCMC) to enable seamless travel by different metros and other transport systems across the country besides retail shopping and purchases.
3. (d) Gurugram
Seven of the top 10 most polluted cities in the world are in India, according to a new study showing South Asia’s battle with deteriorating air quality. Gurugram, a part of Delhi-NCR region, led all cities in pollution levels in 2018.
4. (d) 96.5 percent
Around 96.5 percent of the households in Rural India who have access to the toilet use it as per the National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey (NARSS) 2018-19, conducted by Independent Verification Agency (IVA). Since the launch of the Swachh Bharat Mission in October 2014, over 500 million people have stopped defecating in the open, as of 2018 data.
5. (d) Rs 20
The government released the new series of “visually impaired friendly circulation” coins on March 7, 2019 and announced new Rs 20 coin which will be shaped like a 12-edged polygon (dodecagon). The composition of the new coin will be 65 per cent copper, 15 per cent zinc and 20 per cent nickel for the outer ring, while the inner ring (centre piece) will be 75 per cent copper, 20 per cent zinc and five per cent nickel.
6. (b) Indore
Indore was adjudged as India’s Cleanest City for the third consecutive year in the central government’s Swachh Survekshan 2019 survey. Indore reported a 70 percent drop in vector-borne ailments in 2019, which is being attributed to Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
7. (a) Bhopal
As per the Swachh Survekshan 2019 survey, Bhopal was named as the ‘Cleanest Capital’ of India. The New Delhi Municipal Council area was given the ”Cleanest Small City” Award, and Uttarakhand’s Gauchar was bestowed as the ”Best Ganga Town” in the cleanliness survey.
8. (b) 8 March
The International Women’s Day 2019 was observed across the world on March 8, 2019 with an aim to empower women in all settings, be it rural and urban, and celebrate the activists who work constantly to assert women’s rights and realise their full potential.
9. (a) Nirmohi Akhada
The Supreme Court of India on March 8, 2019 decided to refer the Ayodhya-Babri Masjid title dispute case for mediation. The apex court has formed a panel of mediators to resolve the issue, which will be headed by Supreme Court judge, Justice F M Kalifullah. The other members of the panel include spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Sankar and senior advocate Sriram Panchu.
10. (a) Mizoram
Mizoram Governor Kummanam Rajasekharan resigned from his post on March 8, 2019. President Ram Nath Kovind accepted the resignation of Rajasekharan. Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi has been given additional charge of the state.