On Friday, Sam Altman was fired from OpenAI as CEO, but following intense pressure from Microsoft and other investors, the board failed to get him back. Altman then announced his decision to join Microsoft to lead a new team of AI researchers. As a result, OpenAI appointed former Twitch co-founder Emmett Shear as interim CEO. The news of Altman joining Microsoft created shock and awe in the industry, with industry personalities and tech experts sharing their thoughts about this significant shift in the artificial intelligence power structure.
Satya Nadella announced that Sam Altman and Greg Brockman would be joining Microsoft, and Altman reacted by stating, “the mission continues.” Various industry personalities, such as Elon Musk, Lex Fridman, Iba Masood, Ankur Warikoo, and Aaron Levie, shared their reactions to the move. The industry is excited about the partnership, but there are concerns about the impact on OpenAI’s talent and experience.
Sacked by OpenAI, Sam Altman, the face of AI, joins Microsoft! Check reactions – Detail Points
– Sam Altman was fired from OpenAI as CEO and then joined Microsoft to lead a new team of AI researchers
– OpenAI appointed former Twitch co-founder Emmett Shear as interim CEO
– Satya Nadella tried to get Altman back to OpenAI but failed
– Altman wanted the OpenAI board to be sacked as his condition for re-joining OpenAI
– Industry personalities and others shared their thoughts about the entire event
– Elon Musk taunted with a short remark, “Now they will have to use Teams!”
– Lex Fridman emphasized the importance of the benefit to humanity in the midst of the change
– Iba Masood CEO and co-founder of Tara.ai said, “Moral of the story: never bet against Microsoft.”
– Ankur Warikoo, an Indian entrepreneur expressed excitement for the partnership
– Aaron Levie, CEO of Box commended Satya for the incredible execution in the dynamic situation
– The move made by Sam Altman and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is seen as bold and exciting in the industry
– Many OpenAI employees had threatened to quit in response to the changes
What was the recent shakeup at OpenAI and Microsoft?
On Friday, Sam Altman was fired from OpenAI as CEO, and shortly afterward, Satya Nadella announced that Altman would be joining Microsoft to lead a new team of AI researchers. This move shocked and surprised many in the industry.
How did Sam Altman and others react to the announcement of him joining Microsoft?
Satya Nadella announced that Sam Altman and Greg Brockman would be joining Microsoft, to which Altman reacted by saying, “the mission continues.” Elon Musk taunted, “Now they will have to use Teams!” and other industry personalities shared their thoughts on the shift in the artificial intelligence power structure.
Who has been appointed as the interim CEO of OpenAI?
Emmett Shear, the former co-founder of Twitch, has been appointed as the interim CEO of OpenAI following Sam Altman’s departure.